Friday, October 12, 2012

James Bond - iPad Sketch

About ten years ago I was a huge fan of the Dutch comic artist Hanco Kolk. At the time I really wished I could make beautiful brush-inked line drawings like him. Since then I have moved on to other influences but I still love his work very much.

Yesterday I was playing around with this Paper app on the new Ipad3 of one of my friends, when I discovered that one of the pen tools in this app gives a line very much like Hanco Kolk's smooth brushstrokes. I did quite a few sketches, this one is my favourite.

Please don't look at it for too long, though. The paper app makes it pretty hard to erase mistakes, especially since it doens't have a layer option. there are quite afew things I wish I'd be able to erase (I'm especially displeased with the arms) but this would also erase the rest of the sketch.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice this is supposed to be Daniel Craig's James Bond, I'm really looking foward to Skyfall!

iPad sketch in Paper with a Wacom Bamboo Stylus.       

No comments: