Friday, January 20, 2012

Rough Ezio

I'm trying to do an Assassin's Creed piece, but I'm having a tough time. One of the things that's giving me trouble is the hood. The assassin's hood has this little flap hanging down in front of his face. In real life this would look stupid, it would also be quite impractical since it would be constantly in your eyes, obstructing your view. But in the game, of course it looks really cool and mysterious, it ties in with the whole bird of prey thing they got going; it looks like a beak.  

I like the rough look of the older Ezio. (I want my heroes old and grim: Batman, Solid Snake, The Dude) I haven't played Revelations yet but I'm anxious to get to it. Old Ezio has a beard -which rocks- and he is also more buffed than young Ezio. I also quite like the furry parts they added to his costume. These are some sketches I did of Ezio, the two left ones are of him wearing the Armor of Brutus, that you can unlock in Brotherhood. The one on the right is Ezio as he appears in the trailer from Revelations.

I hope to have more to show you soon!

Ink on paper, digital colors.

No comments: